Our brick village home was built by Dr. George Sanborn in 1825. It served as his private residence and base for his medical practice. Mame's restaurant opened in 1978, and has been under the current ownership since 1979. Over the years, with the help of many local craftsmen, extensive renovations and changes have taken place. Everyone involved went to great efforts to preserve the original structure. Where this was not possible, parts of the old were harvested for the new. Where special touches were needed, local artisans were called in. Many things were specially created such as the wrought iron railings, and the signature arched window. The result was simply spectacular. The ambiance created within can be credited to the pride and dedication of not only the owner, but also the staff. From the wonderful greenery and the wide pine boards, to the incredible food, and the friendly hello, Mame's is a place you must visit.
Check out our "What's New" page for information on our current promotion and Thanksgiving!